In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mancha foliar femininebefore noun leaf spot disease — enfermedad de manchas foliares feminine
- Anthracnose, Alternaria leaf spot and Aschochyta leaf spot all are more severe under conditions of high humidity and high temperatures.
- Remove and burn all leaves that show signs of rust or bacterial leaf spot.
- If leaves become spotted and drop prematurely, your tree has some bacterial leaf spot; apply copper-based fungicide early in the season.
- Other problems that could be bothersome include mildew, leaf spot, and bacterial blight.
- Resistant to 3 races of bacterial leaf spot, this hybrid has excellent yields and impressive size.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.