In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tabla de clasificación femininetabla de posiciones feminineclasificación feminine
- Victory was sweet even if it was fortunate, although perversely other results conspired to push the side back a place in the league table.
- Just a month ago we were in a precarious position in the league table, but now we've got our sights set on the top half of the table.
- Continuing on this theme then he explained why the league table was lying and how his team were in the wrong position.
- It once topped the league table of economic performance.
- At one stage there was a thirteen point gap between the fifth and sixth but in the final league table for the season that gap was brought down to five.
- The Derbyshire side are slight favourites to progress to a clash in the last four at Sheffield, due to their seventh place in the league table.
- This is a daunting prospect but Otley will be hoping to retain their fourth position in the league table.
- Each day is meticulously and absurdly spent planning our tactics for the game and working out what would happen to the league table if we won and everybody above us lost.
- They have inserted a fresh dimension to the top half of the premier league table which is much needed.
- They will be seeking to continue their good form in the Northern Premier League when they face a side from the lower reaches of the league table.
- Despite this penalty claim, the home team deserved to win and now join Ilkley at the top end of the league table.
- But he knows as well as anyone you can only take one small step at a time, and moving one or two places up the league table has to be the realistic goal this season.
- On walking into any office, the first thing you would see was the league table: the sales rankings of every salesperson in the country.
- The league table is very tight this season, and a couple more defeats could see City in touch with the relegation stragglers.
- I didn't actually think we were playing that badly and we certainly didn't deserve to be where we were in the league table.
- Obviously they felt like they had won it on the day, but when you look at the league table in a week's time it is still one point each.
- Now, barely a month into the new Premiership season and with United looking impressive at the right end of the league table, the fortress is under attack.
- According to the league table, this has not been a bad season for Newcastle United.
- At this stage of the season the league table doesn't tell lies, and it told you all that you need to know - this was the division's best team against its worst.
- We had something like a ten-game unbeaten run on the home straight but I kept going home and looking at the league table and it was always so tight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.