In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escape masculinefuga feminine
- Gas alarms can detect leakages 95 per cent of the time.
- Postoperative air leakage is the most frequent complication after lung surgery, regardless of whether an operation is performed by thoracotomy or by use of endoscopic techniques.
- Harnessing such water requires relatively large initial outlays and can pose an environmental hazard because of potential brine leakage into the source aquifer.
- Programmed to move along a pre-determined path around the reactor or industrial unit, the robot sports a gas detector to sense leakages, and an ultrasonic sensor to detect obstacles in its path.
- Water leakages had been reduced dramatically.
- The pipeline failed because of the leakages at the six leak sites.
- Millions of litres of water are unaccounted for every month in Johannesburg because of leakages in pipe networks or through leaking taps and fixtures in homes.
- If moisture still is present and there is a chance of leakage, the sealed clothing bags should be placed inside a larger paper bag with the top of the second bag left open.
- Improvements which have cut leakages from the system by more than 40 per cent had contributed to its ability to cope with the lack of rainfall, he added.
- For example, if somebody has urge incontinence and tries to cut down on fluids to cut down on leakage, they may actually end up with more urgency.
- He drew a picture to illustrate the problem: leakages in toilets not only caused bad smells but allowed bacteria and viruses to contaminate the air inside the apartments.
- A camera-studded electronic submarine has inspected the forty-five miles stretch of the aqueduct and will help to determine if the water leakages will affect the life span of the giant tunnel.
- He said he believed that the cracks and the water leakages were caused by " internal structural problems’.
- Water and sewage leakages also create traffic congestion as the roads become potholed.
- Members are reminded to conserve water during the dry weather and be alert for leakages and report them to the area representative.
- This project was aimed at identifying leakages which would reduce both water pilferage and contamination.
- Any discontinuities through the metal forming the wall of the casting, however small, are potential sources of leakage.
- All businesses using formalin are required to ensure there are no leakages of the cancer-causing chemical, which is mostly used to preserve corpses or as a disinfectant.
- Disclosure of pan leakage is vital information to a home buyer, and such considerations clearly outweigh the risks and inconveniences of water testing.
- The discovery of the pipeline leakage was as follows.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.