In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine sabermasculine conocimientosfeminine educaciónthe learning of generations — el saber / los conocimientos de generaciones
- he had always set great store by learning — siempre le había dado mucha importancia a la educación
- a man of learning — un erudito
- It was in this London bookshop that Faraday acquired his learning, reading what he bound.
- They had no choice but to stay on in Asia, intermingling with the local peoples, and leavening Indian learning with Greek philosophy and classical ideas.
- His team of experts wear their learning lightly and the information is presented with admirable clarity.
- Their collective learning is immense, and is deployed without pity.
- It is your collective learning, your know-how and bank of experience.
- There have also been extraordinary achievements when intelligent faith, deep learning, and imaginative wisdom have come together.
- Leaders continually acquire new knowledge and abilities and pass their learning on to others around them.
- Share some learning / knowledge/information that you think is necessary in making a relationship work.
- I think it's a marvellous tool and it's great that we all have instant access to so much information, knowledge and learning at our fingertips.
- An urbane man who wears his intellectual learning lightly, he retires next year, when he will be 60.
- I am often highly impressed with the intelligence and learning of the military officers I meet at security conferences.
- All learning and knowledge is supposed to represent culture.
- Many contributors were Trinity graduates, parading classical learning and disdain for the vulgar.
- He would murmur a quiet corrective now and then, or insert an informative note, but never parade his learning.
2(act)aprendizaje masculinelearning process — proceso de aprendizaje masculine
- learning resources center / (British) centre — centro de material didáctico
- If experiential learning is properly implemented, learners are definitely not passive recipients of knowledge.
- It may just be apples and oranges; as researchers well know, the study of learning can be maddeningly complicated.
- Creative thinking, innovative material, and student-centered learning have not been encouraged.
- As such, the results underscore the importance of an instructional approach that encourages active learning.
- Each fast-paced presentation is designed to maximize your time and enhance your learning.
- But presentations by experts in the teaching and learning process facilitated our efforts.
- A pledge of $250,000 has been made in the coming territory budget, to improve interactive distance learning.
- Distance education facilitates lifelong learning, a major factor for all professionals in knowledge intensive fields.
- The agency offered numerous classes, films, and other learning opportunities on a regular basis.
- Mimetic adoption is a rather limited form of organizational learning from the experience of others.
- Her learning of English empowers her, but also affects her judgment.
- And the moment they are born one's own learning process starts all over again.
- The program includes a clear mission statement focusing on the school counselor's role in supporting student learning and achievement.
- Future research should be directed at more careful examination of these learning processes.
- The educational system emphasizes rote learning and memorization, rather than analytical thinking.
- A number of master piano teachers have promoted cooperative learning for students in small group settings.
- The site is intended to help you improve your learning of the English language.
- Courses that emphasized crop production, pest management, and courses that emphasized experiential learning were frequently listed.
- The school is very spacious and bright and will enhance the learning of pupils.
- You still need the sequential, programmed, methodical approach to your child's overall learning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.