In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(material)cuero masculinepiel feminine Mexico Spainreal leather — piel legítima Spain
- before noun leather goods — artículos de piel
- leather jacket — piel
- You may also use chamois as an alternative to the leather pieces.
- She pulled back her long, black hair and tied it with the leather piece.
- In the stables, hands fed and watered the horses, and groomed their white coats until they shone, and polished the tack until they see dull reflections in the leather.
- There were extra pieces of leather to fix broken saddles and reins with.
- Cabretta leather is still used, although man-made fibres and synthetic leathers are also available.
- Today, machines trim and cut the thickness and polish the leather.
- Its latest collection presents a variety of leathers, suedes and fabrics.
- She wore what was then the fashion for women, a leather one piece outfit with detachable sleeves and pant legs.
- The silver quality in her hair had kept it from being singed, but the leather piece holding it had been burned away.
- One bore a wolf's fang, the other a plain quartz piece on a leather thong.
- The production of leather from animal hides was a time consuming and dreadfully smelly process.
- She slumped back in the leather of the booth, and pushed a piece of hair behind her ear.
- This footwear also comes up with regal decorations like cloth of gold and velvet aside from the leather.
- But shining/polishing your shoes will make the leather last longer and look better.
- John hangs the leather on a plaiting hook and applies saddle dressing to the strands so that each one is individually stretched to assure a tight plait.
- The leather and cloth front seats were extremely comfortable and very supportive, especially for spirited driving.
- Within a few minutes he had lost his rhythm as the mare suddenly stopped short and he started bouncing uncomfortably on the tough leather of the saddle.
- On top of the frame is a saddle leather facing; one hide is used per seat.
- A piece of the leather bung which plugged one of these was still there, though the design I had seen on it the last time had disappeared.
- She notices how perfectly polished the leather car seats are, and how fitting this is for the car's last night.
3leathers pluralropa de cuero feminineropa de piel feminine Mexico Spain
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.