- Once active, even a small amount of leaven will be able to convert a very large quantity of new flour and water into fresh leaven overnight.
- Once a batch of bread has been mixed with the leaven, there are two ways in which the system can be perpetuated.
2literary(enlivening element)a leaven of wit — una chispa / un toque de ingenio
- It works like a leaven of forgiveness and nonviolence in a culture prone to revenge and retribution.
- A little leaven certainly has the power to affect the whole lump.
- After only five years of agitation, without abuse from us or any aggressive propagandism on our part, the leaven of this great truth has begun to work.
- Being in the world, the Christian acts within the culture as a leaven, trying to transform it by communicating to others the redemption brought by Christ.
1(dough) leudarher speech was leavened with lively anecdotes — aligeró su discurso con anécdotas divertidas
- There is only one time when leavened bread was offered, to represent the thanksgiving of the people.
- An extrusion method is used to obtain leavened dough products with desirable characteristics.
- He compares the rage of the people to a burning oven which the baker heats, until his dough is leavened and raised.
- The Hebrew word ‘hametz’ is translated as leavened bread and refers to food prepared from five species of grain - wheat, barley, oats, spelt, and rye - that has been allowed to leaven.
- As it ages, natural leavened bread will retain its moisture and keep well without refrigeration, quite opposed from the yeasted bread that stales and dries out within hours after its baking.
- By the way - if the batter is mixed for too long, the excess blending can cause the premature formation and escape of the carbon dioxide that is needed for leavening the pancakes.
- These ingredients have been used individually in the preparation of other yeast leavened dough products.
- With naturally leavened bread, the magic of bread baking - the leavening process - originates right here within the four walls of the bakery.
- Why does the Orthodox church use leavened bread and most Protestant fellowships use unleavened bread?
- Several dozen of the Haredim managed to make their way to a street where chametz, or leavened bread, is sold.
- An understanding of leavening ingredients and the interrelationship of other ingredients, preparation methods, heat and other factors, will help produce a final product of optimum quality.
- Air bubbles can also be trapped in beaten egg whites, a technique used to leaven angel food or sponge cakes.
- Another method of leavening is the use of whipped egg whites, which traps air in bubbles.
- The children of Israel left Egypt in a hurry and did not have time to leaven their bread.
- The Jews Jesus was speaking to would have viewed leavened bread as profane; it was unleavened bread that was sacred.