In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(speaker)conferenciante masculineconferencista masculine Latin America
- However, if you are not within this distance of a listed lecturer, you may still request a visit.
- Please indicate the name of the lecturer, the topic, and the desired date of the visit to your organization.
- Each lecturer has designated his or her topic for three different types of audiences.
- I think you know, as a former law lecturer, what the defect in that question is.
- In the spring, he will be a visiting lecturer in the religion department at Princeton.
- These Fellowships are designed to encourage able young lecturers in chemical, petroleum or mechanical engineering to stay in the education sector in the early years of their career.
- 71 grants of up to £6,000 have just been awarded to new lecturers to develop innovative research projects in the early stages of their independent research careers.
- In 1953 he moved to Dundee, where he was appointed senior lecturer in medicine at St Andrews University.
- The political background of the former lecturer in Marxist sociology was also more complex than the media reports suggested.
- He was actively involved in teaching and was an honorary senior lecturer at Birmingham.
- A similar plan was recently introduced to change the employment status of part-time lecturers.
- He was also appointed honorary lecturer in clinical medicine.
- He was appointed lecturer at the University of Paris in 1878 and then professor at Toulouse in 1879.
- He was educated at Rugby and Christ Church, Oxford, where he became a lecturer in mathematics in 1855.
- Peters said job descriptions among lecturers in the math department vary.
- He'd love to be a guest lecturer at the school occasionally, maybe teaching creative non-fiction.
- In 1846 and 1847 he was awarded mathematics scholarships at Balliol College where he became a lecturer in mathematics.
- One of the lecturers in the department is a woman, so that's encouraging too.
- The lecturers provide teaching materials in written and audio form.
- The Department of Art History seeks to hire a part-time lecturer to teach the second quarter of our survey of Asian art.
2BritishUniversityprofesor universitario masculineprofesora universitaria feminineprofesor de universidad masculineprofesora de universidad femininehe is a lecturer in French — es profesor de francés / enseña francés en la universidad
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.