1sotavento masculineto leeward — a sotavento
- The Turtle Dove was coming north when she was driven even further to leeward.
- The T-shaped cockpit provides plenty of leg space and seats are not so far apart that you can't brace to leeward if necessary.
- Start with helms staggered on the beach by skill factor (as decided by the fleet captain) from windward to leeward.
- The mast is quite flexible, and, with this much sail and no standing riggings, the top is prone to twist to leeward considerably when the wind picks up.
- The problem with sailing in strong winds with light crews, is that we're both so high up above the boom, we can't see much to leeward, as the sails block our view.