In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person) zurdo(kick) con el pie izquierdo
- Seamus Farrell and Pa Kavanagh tied the teams before Brian Walker floated over a left-footed shot from an acute angle on the left for a dramatic win.
- Alex will probably stick by David Partridge at left back because, unlike Jamie Buchan, he is naturally left-footed and he has a good, strong physique about him.
- Being left-footed he gives a natural balance to any team, and in his favoured position of left-back he is constantly trying to link up with the front players.
- Naturally left-footed, Southwell has now become one of the main kickers, for club and country, in defence and attack.
- His versatility and the fact he is naturally left-footed will give the squad more balance.
- His composure and distribution are complemented by the Corsican, a natural left-footed player.
- The 25-year-old, who has been in outstanding form for the Gunners, would certainly give England a much-needed left-footed option in midfield.
- This was beautifully illustrated during Euro 2000, where England didn't have a natural left-footed left back or winger.
- The only naturally left-footed player with international pedigree is Ashley Cole.
- But with Duff now gone, Souness is struggling to find a natural left-footed replacement and Mahon could end up saving his manager millions in the transfer market.
- My own chief recommendation was that being naturally left-footed I could score goals with my inside foot when cutting in from the right.
- His passing is excellent and being so naturally left-footed, he gives the team a great balance by sticking to working up and down that channel.
- A short, stocky, fast, dribbling and left-footed goal-scorer, Mochini played left wing for Matlama FC, the capital's team.
- It put Mayo into the slenderest of leads with about 20 minutes remaining, an inspirational left-footed drive shining in the uninspired fare.
- Although not naturally left-footed, Thompson filled the void well on Tuesday night and Dolan in any case may decide against bringing Potter back so soon.
- The 20-year-old is a left-footed winger, has turned out five times for his country's under-21 side, and netted a goal against Sweden.
- Reid is naturally left-footed, but he has played in a variety of positions with Forest.
- McFadden can play on the left, he is left-footed, and from this position he can move forward and score goals.
- Dave Unsworth stepped up to send a swerving left-footed free kick crashing past Preston keeper Teuvo Moilanen.
- A superb left-footed point by Benji O'Brien within seconds of the throw-in was quickly replied to by Jamie Doyle with a 20 metre free for Clonmore.
- But on this occasion the Hungarian with a big appetite belied his hulking frame by taking the ball neatly on his chest and drilling a low left-footed shot into the bottom corner of the net.
- Mind you, it was my right foot and I'm left-footed.
- He might not be left-footed, but he's got such a good right foot, you could open a can of beans with it.
- Dyer is not naturally left-footed and it showed because he never got in behind Cafu.
- If you tend to turn counter clockwise, you're right-footed; if you prefer clockwise, you're left-footed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.