1Politicsthe left wing — el ala izquierda
(area)banda izquierda feminineala izquierda feminine
2.2(position)to play left wing — jugar en la banda / el ala izquierda
1(sympathies/ideals) de izquierda(ideals/sympathies) de izquierdas Spain(ideals/sympathies) izquierdista
- In the longer term I would hope for a broad left wing alternative to the failed politics of the South.
- He is a former left wing socialist and mass strike leader.
- But he was careful to retain links with a layer of left wing trade union and party officials.
- He dismissed as nonsense her claim that the march would be dominated by anti-government left wing political parties.
- Mark was a rank and file activist and is a left wing socialist.
- The former left wing socialist and strike leader got 47 percent of votes, almost double that of any other candidate.
- I note that the members of left wing political parties tend to have side organisations which tend to factionalise.
- At different times in Labour's history the party's left wing critics have been told they open the door to letting the Tories back in.
- But when left wing Social Democrats refused to agree to united action the Communist leaders abandoned the attempt.
- I haven't always been as left wing or even as political as I am now.
- Of course socialists should always support left wing officials against the right.
- Union activists and left wing officials told Socialist Worker it would be a disaster to become mesmerised by those talks.
- The far left was also hit by the Socialist Party's appeal for left wing voters to unite behind it, as well as by its own disunity.
- Many left wing political organisations in India talk about the need to organise among the working class, but then see elections as the best way of implementing their ideas.
- It was a mass political event, with a very radical and left wing mood.
- The grand coalition's programme marks a complete break with the SPD's election campaign, in which the party used left wing language to try to hold on to votes.
- It was organised by the left wing Socialist Campaign Group of MPs.
- Few bands as left wing as System of a Down have enjoyed the level of mainstream success achieved by this second generation Armenian quartet.
- This is because union activist are more left wing than Labour party members and ordinary members are less likely to vote.
- He's hoping the Communists will eventually play a part in some sort of broad left wing coalition government.