In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tomadura de pelo feminine informaltomada de pelo feminine Latin America informal
- It's only a leg-pull, but according to Susan Quilliam, a relationships expert, poor communication is the biggest cause of problems and break-ups after affairs and domestic violence.
- One reviewer, for instance, wondered if the book was not just ‘a giant leg-pull,’ ‘random nonsense’ clearly aimed at a lucrative ‘fringe’ market.
- And did she try any other little leg-pulls on the Home Secretary?
- Whether Davidson's Patent Bed Maker was a serious proposal, or simply another of his celebrated leg-pulls, we never discovered.
- But it's worth noting that Wood delivers Spooner's final description of the barren no man's land with such exaggerated portent that it could easily be a leg-pull.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.