In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lince de las leyes masculine informal
- But legal eagles from four solicitors' firms along historic Mawdsley Street say their well-to-do clients will be put off by a club boasting scantily-clad dancers.
- Now let's get some thoughts from our legal eagles.
- I see too that the legal eagles are ready to jump on the bandwagon, suggesting as they do that the penalty of further points for challenging an offence in the courts might be unconstitutional.
- That, said Harris, leaves Hollywood's legal eagles forced to wrap up the case in the US and bring it to the High Court in London, in a bid to persuade a British judge that any ruling on the evidence made in the US should apply here too.
- Unfortunately the Globe's photo hadn't been entered into evidence at the trial, meaning the legal beagles at the Minion were in contempt of court.
- The legal beagles would have to iron out the details.
- There's not much else to do except to wait for the legal eagles to complete the paper work and then to agree a date for exchange.
- There is much admiring of young legal eagles, studying of wizened magistrates and cowering from unrepentant defendants to be done.
- Its legal eagles failed to take depositions or subpoena its own employees, and didn't examine telephone records or individuals' computers.
- I spotted stars from the Pearl Brasserie and some young legal eagles from the Bar Council.
- The legal eagles argue that such rules should be addressed by the EU's regulation of the telecoms industry, covered in internal market legislation, Statewatch reports.
- And as if the company didn't have enough lawyers already, Rambus is currently advertising for yet more legal eagles here.
- Again, I'll let the legal beagles weigh in on that one.
- It is inconceivable to pay legal eagles to go over the same arguments again and again.
- The entire affair will drag on for months and it could be that the legal eagles will be the only ones to do well out of it.
- I'm sure the legal eagles who reviewed all this know what they're doing, but this has made me just a little bit curious about exactly how libel laws work.
- They will be joined by the legal eagles from Ingrams Solicitors, in York, where company bosses have pledged to match all the money raised by the staff.
- He's a real-life legal eagle turned courtroom novelist.
- Perhaps the council's own legal eagles should consider this scenario if only to offer comforting advice to residents.
- ‘Our legal eagle reckons you've got no hope if you're going to sue their lawyers,’ he told Astor in a challenging tone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.