In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1moneda de curso legal feminine
- Euro notes and coins become legal tender in 12 countries and ‘dual circulation’ begins.
- In 1811, paper banknotes became legal tender in Britain.
- From January 1, only the new bills and coins are legal tender.
- Making the notes legal tender for all debts would solve that problem.
- Its bank notes, which functioned much like today's paper currency, acted as legal tender in payment of U.S. debts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.