In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(political party) legalizar(prostitution/poligamy) despenalizarto legalize a drug — despenalizar el uso de una droga
- Arkansans defeated the plan to create a state lottery and legalize casino gambling in six counties.
- The Spanish government has approved a draft law which will legalise homosexual marriages.
- The county had a vote on whether to continue to allow legalized prostitution, or to ban it.
- The bill legalises perjury, and that is something we find to be offensive.
- When the movement to legalize abortion began, advocates talked about the human costs of prohibition.
- For less than a year it was legalised by statute in the Northern Territory of Australia.
- It's time to fix the bankruptcy law that has legalized the corporate robbery of workers.
- But in terms of individual possession there have been frequent calls for cannabis to be legalized.
- The country, now called the State of Mongolia, adopted a new democratic constitution, which legalized private ownership.
- However, it was decided the owner of the signboard will be forced to remove the structure as there is no official authorization document that legalizes its status.
- So, should prostitution be legalised, decriminalised or are things best the way they are at the moment?
- Alaska's ballot measure attempts to legalize marijuana for adults 21 and older.
- Having a marriage certificate legalises the partnership, but it doesn't guarantee happiness either for the couple or their children.
- At least if marijuana is legalized it can be regulated.
- Two years later, the government introduced another measure legalizing civil marriage.
- Dr Anthony offered no statistics whatsoever to justify the government's determination to legalize certain abortions.
- And if you legalize it you can regulate it and get it out of the hands of organized crime.
- In Nevada a measure that would have legalized possession of up to three ounces of the drug failed to gain the support it needed.
- Changing the legislation to legalise a practice that had been illegally in operation for some time was sensible.
- In my opinion if prostitution is legalised and they are accepted into the community hundreds of lives could be saved.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.