In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(pants, trousers)leggingsleotardosmallascalzas River Platemasculine pelelewaterproof leggings — pantalones impermeables
- Check out our selection of short pants, short sleeve T'S, camisoles, sleeveless vests, and organic cotton striped baby shirts and leggings.
- All I have is my black jumpsuit, two pairs of leggings and three shirts.
- In winter we wore leggings under our dresses and we covered our feet in rubber boots.
- The next day, Christina dressed in black spandex leggings and a white T-shirt.
- The boy looked up, his hair ruffled and wet, his shirt and leggings torn.
- Bassist Chris Squire - wearing a flouncy black smock over skin-tight Lycra leggings tucked into Doc Marten boots - was having more of a ball than most.
- Running tights or leggings have the same effect on your legs as a fleece and, since most of your body heat escapes through your head, a hat is a must.
- There were two pairs of jeans, 2 tracksuits, and a pair of leggings, some running shorts and about 8 white tops.
- I'm not going to wear leggings under a denim miniskirt or stiletto-heeled boots with skinny jeans and a gold-trimmed gilet.
- Even with her wool sweaters, shirts, leggings, socks, and cloak, she was still cold.
- Although the night was cold, she was well wrapped up with bonnet, scarf, gloves, leggings and heavy coat.
- Mia undressed for bed, slipping on leggings and an oversized shirt to serve as pyjamas.
- The uniform consisted of a short skirt with leather leggings and Eton jacket.
- There were slits on either side of the waist too, and she wore a pair of skin-tight, spandex-like purple leggings, as well as a pair of blue, fingerless gloves and elbow pieces.
- She wore long black leggings and a tight-fitting black top.
- The exhibition features a magnificent collection of richly embroidered clothing, including collars, belts, leggings and skirts.
- I did see that you started a thread about maternity wear elsewhere and I was going to reply to say that I know exactly what you meant about tight leggings and maternity smocks.
- Some people wear a jogging suit, or leggings and an old t-shirt.
- Soon, a woman came in, wearing a flower-printed dress and black leggings.
- And I do remember the white smock and black leggings.
- The women wore deerskin dresses, leggings, moccasins, and petticoats made of woven nettle or thistle fibers.
- She was wearing her least favourite clothes; an off-white tunic, with green leggings.
- Today he was wearing the same garments he had donned then, a green tunic and leggings, with a brown belt and shoes and a cap with a bright pink feather sticking out of it.
- He wore a leather loincloth, fur leggings, a fur garment, a grass cape, a fur hat and leather shoes stuffed with grass.
- She recognized the green tunic, the brown shirt, leggings and boots.
- The men wore antelope or mountain sheep skin leggings, shirts, breechcloths, and moccasins.
- He was clad in leggings and a thigh-length tunic all in shades of green and brown.
- Mr Joyce has just returned from Basra where he was able to take dozens of helmets, tunics, leggings and boots to the under-privileged men.
- Native American beaded pouches, leggings, and vests adorn the pinepaneled walls.
- Her usual tunic and leggings were replaced with pale leather sewn with disks of what looked to be bone.
- The cotton garments were soaked in water, then donned, along with helmets with eye slits, leggings and gloves.
- Traditional clothing for men consisted of a breech-cloth, deerskin leggings, a shirt, and, in winter, moccasins.
- The ruffians wore goatskin hats, gritty cloaks, and leggings of leather.
- Men wore breechcloths and capes in warm weather, adding fur robes and leggings when it turned cold.
- She wore a dark green tunic with black leggings and deer skin ankle boots.
- From the waist down he was dressed in heavy leather leggings.
- She put on a shirt and leggings of green leather, soft and supple.
- For clothes, he just wore an old woodsman's shirt and leggings.
- I struggled into my usual black tunic, blue leggings, and black leather boots.
- After her breakfast, Katherine raced to her room and pulled on her favorite hunting leggings and tunic.
2(for lower leg)polainas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.