In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- High contrast, dimmable displays with exceptionally wide viewing angles provide optimum legibility and eye comfort in both dark and bright ambient conditions.
- The elements in focus are legibility, neatness and artistic value of handwriting, in that order.
- At small sizes, it is a disaster, compromising both legibility and readability.
- The majority of the press and public attention has been focused on medication errors, legibility of orders and medical records, restraint of patients, and other issues.
- It has been designed to help youngsters form a ‘proper’ grip when writing with pens and pencils and is supposed to improve legibility.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.