In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enfermedad del legionario femininelegionella feminine
- If you develop the above symptoms and you are worried that it might be legionnaires' disease, you should see your GP.
- Health chiefs are still looking into an outbreak of legionnaires' disease which killed six people in Barrow-in-Furness.
- An outbreak of legionnaires' disease occurred a year ago in a small town in northern Portugal, coinciding with the local annual festivities.
- One case study concerned an outbreak of legionnaires' disease in citizens from four member states that was linked to a location outside the EU.
- Colds, pneumonia, tuberculosis, and influenza are more common in smokers, as is legionnaires' disease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.