In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1legislativolegislative action — acción legislativa feminine
- legislative body — cuerpo legislativo
- It includes the methods for choosing the holders of executive, judicial and legislative power.
- I hope to bring the necessary legislative proposals to the House during the course of the year.
- The second thing is that the Commission is not a court; it is a body exercising delegated legislative power.
- The policy process does not end once agreement has been reached on a legislative proposal.
- Dieter says the debate prompted legislative proposals for similar changes or studies in about 17 states.
- The Brazilian proposal also called for legislative protection for local production of cheaper generic drugs.
- The proposed legislative proposals will do nothing to lessen that perception.
- As it stands such tactics may fall foul of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, hence Berman's proposal for legislative changes.
- The recommendations of the Royal Commission would have a bearing on any final legislative proposals.
- Blogger Ed Foster mulls over legislative and regulatory proposals on the table.
- The Parliament's legislative powers also have grown significantly since the Treaty of Rome.
- And the legislative proposals that followed were not aimed only at Muslims either.
- The reasoning was based on the constitutional separation of legislative and judicial powers.
- MsCoughlan said the next step would be the publication of formal legislative proposals by the Commission.
- The judgment states there are two proposals for legislative action but other means could also be found.
- The public reaction, in turn, sparked federal and state legislative proposals and more news stories.
- He said the government would consider various factors before submitting legislative proposals.
- The new legislative proposal would be counterproductive.
- We also recognize there will be other legislative proposals, and there already are.
- If the EU Council adopted the legislative proposal of May 18th, it would do so without democratic legitimacy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.