In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1asamblea legislativa feminine
- That is how the legislature scrutinises the laws the executive intends to pass.
- Members of parliament and the state legislatures are selected in democratic elections.
- In most such countries, abortion laws were formulated by legislatures rather than courts.
- Not only that, but they benefit from affirmative action in legislatures and the bureaucracy.
- The bill passed by the legislature was narrowly tailored to apply only to the one case.
- Laws are passed by legislatures on the basis of necessity, rather than morality.
- Normally, legislatures permit themselves to draw new district lines once a decade.
- The workers have threatened to take members of the state legislature to court over the issue.
- Laws passed by legislatures are written in general and often vague language.
- The outcome will resonate through state legislatures all across the country.
- Acknowledging the legislature did not mean that every law was considered correct.
- Members of Congress and state legislatures cast thousands of votes on hundreds of bills each year.
- Congress and state legislatures use such data in making laws governing the nonprofit sector.
- Now the legislature must pass a statute governing the assembly's exercise of power.
- State legislatures across the nation are debating whether to set up their own voucher options.
- It is expected that the draft law will be voted on by the legislature at the end of April.
- State legislatures are looking at ways to increase state revenues to fill budget deficits.
- It is the job of Congress and state legislatures to pass laws of general applicability.
- About thirty state legislatures and governors had come out in favor of the League.
- We are, in fact, one of the longest continuously operating national legislatures in the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.