In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informallegalhe's legit — es un tío legal Spain slang informal
- ‘It isn't going to turn someone into an athlete, but it's a legit way to keep fit,’ says Agoglia.
- Then why won't they approve a legit audit of the US gold reserves?
- Bled by lawsuits and unable to cobble together an agreement with the recording industry to make the service legit, the company finally called it quits.
- The focus there will be on opt-in lists, and whether they're legit.
- One of the favorites was sending millions of phishing e-mails - messages that appeared to be from legit companies such as Yahoo!
- Judging by the call, this guy was asking the questions, so he's relatively legit.
- Isabella had forced Lucio to promise that all of the jobs he did for their grandfather were legit and legal before she allowed him to do them.
- I really want to believe that she's legit, but I'm feeling kind of wary now.
- On the other hand, illegitimate pyramid schemes can resemble legit sales operations.
- None of the letters to the legit media had even been publicly discovered or acknowledged.
- And now investigators have to figure out whose claims are legit and who is scamming the system.
- The suitcases were full of pirated games, which at $7 a pop are $45 cheaper than most games on the legit market.
- And, naturally, you should never give confidential information to anyone unless you are absolutely certain that they are legit.
- Anyway, this tool seems to be legit from what I can tell.
- That assures donors their funds go to legit groups.
- I also called the woman and asked her some basic questions until I was satisfied that she was legit.
- Last year I wrote this post, where I expressed doubt that the people who claim to have taught apes sign language are legit.
- This is done as a money laundering scheme to put illicit dollars back into the legit art market.
- They have a web site, so they must be legit, right?
- Now, just because she gave Cunningham large campaign contributions in the past doesn't mean the comps she assembled weren't legit.
- I guess it can best be said that Harry Wills was legit.
- It seems like Savage is really desperate to return to the big time in pro wrestling, but why would he spend so much money to produce this record if he wasn't legit?
- If the name doesn't surface, the honor system prevails; the voter simply swears in an affidavit that he or she is legit.
- They're using those words and definitions to look legit.
- That doesn't seem to support the idea that ‘vague’ patents are legit.
- I don't know if you have ever started an online company, but it is incredibly hard these days to collect money online - even if you are totally legit.
- Oh yeah, Gary Busey is involved, so you know it's legit.
- Mark Buehrle is legit, and Todd Ritchie might be, too.
- They lost 15,000 yuan before resorting to the more expensive, legit hospital.
- ‘You put your feet down and you can stop even faster than a car,’ says Bob, who hopes one day to open a legit street luge course on a ski hill.
- The promoters spent over $20,000 on this show and did everything they had to to make it legit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.