In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(activity) de tiempo librepeople nowadays have more leisure — actualmente la gente dispone de / tiene más tiempo libre
- to have the leisure to + inf — disponer de tiempo para + inf
- leisure industry — industria del ocio / entretenimiento
- leisure pursuits — pasatiempos
- leisure time — tiempo libre
- Campaigning youngsters are demanding more leisure activities and increased police patrols in the borough to clamp down on rowdy youths.
- Friesen, 65, said Tuesday it seemed like the right time to retire and spend more time on leisure activities as well as some charity work.
- Attitudes towards leisure activities also reflected the strength of the family unit - although this varied according to demographics.
- Not a Day Goes By seems especially targeted toward black women looking for an entertaining leisure read.
- Recreational and leisure activities used to be two separate entities.
- But they share a commitment to communal living, group and individual therapy, and shared domestic and leisure activities.
- They are used for river patrols and leisure activities.
- Sport and leisure activities are the main focus today.
- I take enjoyment and satisfaction from my work, my family and leisure activities.
- Ian Templeton, the headmaster of Glenalmond College in Perthshire said the access to leisure facilities and activities at many schools was hard to put a price on.
- Sir Henry Royce belittled leisure activities such as golf and tennis.
- Well-paid jobs and thriving firms mean there is more money to be spent locally in the shops, in the area's cafes and restaurants, on leisure activities.
- Outside the job there's little time for leisure activities, but Marurai maintains a passion for reading.
- He volunteered much of his own time and effort to the provision of recreation and leisure opportunities for the aged and disabled in our community.
- In addition, we typically devote one class per week to recreation and leisure activities.
- But a lack of facilities in their local areas was identified as the main reason young people did not take part in sports and leisure activities.
- Navigation classes aimed at the leisure boating sector are commencing in October in the Sailing Club in Dunmore East.
- She said that instead of looking to build a new leisure pool the money could better spent on a larger facility.
- The findings show a clear preference for undertaking leisure activities outdoors and in the countryside as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Making room for relaxation and enjoyment of leisure activities is vital for all of us.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.