In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lenteja femininebefore noun lentil soup — sopa de lentejas feminine
- Make sure you clean that mess up afterwards if you're going to cook those lentils there.
- As her hand slides into the cool mound of lentils, the camera cuts to her face, which is glowing.
- Accompanied by whole grain bread, a soup rich with ingredients such as vegetables, beans, lentils and rice makes a simple wholesome meal.
- Add the mushroom and lentils, and cook for two minutes.
- It was on a very savoury bed of lentils which had been cooked with bacon and winter vegetables.
- You sat on wooden benches and ate lentils and brown rice from wooden bowls.
- A collection of tender lentils, carrots and cinnamon, roasted beets, fried eggplant and onions, and warm potatoes quickly fill the table.
- Currently, the leading commercial producers of lentils include India, Turkey, Canada, China and Syria.
- A variety of lentils exist with colors that range from yellow to red-orange to green, brown and black.
- The vegan should use a combination of beans, soy, lentils, nuts and veggies each day to get the complete protein package.
- Catherine will show you how to cook with beans, lentils, nuts and seeds.
- All those beans, chickpeas, lentils and vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, eggplant and onions gave me such gas I was miserable.
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken stock, lentils, thyme, garlic, and bacon.
- Spoon some carrots, lentils, zucchini, buckthornberries, and grapes around the dish.
- When the lentils are cooked, drain them well and add to the tomato sauce.
- Add lentils, onions, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- On the bread was a mushy mound of lentils, rice and carrots.
- Cook lentils over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until they are tender but not completely cooked.
- Add the water, the bouillon cubes, the lentils, the herbs, a bit of salt and a bit of pepper.
- Stir in the garlic and lentils and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.