In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lenteja femininebefore noun lentil soup — sopa de lentejas feminine
- As her hand slides into the cool mound of lentils, the camera cuts to her face, which is glowing.
- Currently, the leading commercial producers of lentils include India, Turkey, Canada, China and Syria.
- Make sure you clean that mess up afterwards if you're going to cook those lentils there.
- All those beans, chickpeas, lentils and vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, eggplant and onions gave me such gas I was miserable.
- Add the water, the bouillon cubes, the lentils, the herbs, a bit of salt and a bit of pepper.
- Catherine will show you how to cook with beans, lentils, nuts and seeds.
- When the lentils are cooked, drain them well and add to the tomato sauce.
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken stock, lentils, thyme, garlic, and bacon.
- Stir in the garlic and lentils and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- You sat on wooden benches and ate lentils and brown rice from wooden bowls.
- Add lentils, onions, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- On the bread was a mushy mound of lentils, rice and carrots.
- Add the mushroom and lentils, and cook for two minutes.
- Accompanied by whole grain bread, a soup rich with ingredients such as vegetables, beans, lentils and rice makes a simple wholesome meal.
- Spoon some carrots, lentils, zucchini, buckthornberries, and grapes around the dish.
- The vegan should use a combination of beans, soy, lentils, nuts and veggies each day to get the complete protein package.
- A collection of tender lentils, carrots and cinnamon, roasted beets, fried eggplant and onions, and warm potatoes quickly fill the table.
- Cook lentils over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until they are tender but not completely cooked.
- It was on a very savoury bed of lentils which had been cooked with bacon and winter vegetables.
- A variety of lentils exist with colors that range from yellow to red-orange to green, brown and black.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.