In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her wavy hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, and a tank top covered her leotard.
- I never sweat and my body temperature drops as soon as I strip down to a leotard and tights after my warm up.
- I'll have your pink leotard ready for you as soon as you come home, dear.
- Bulgaria's Silvia Mitova was one of those truly great gymnasts who most certainly would have gained greater glory had she sported a different leotard.
- Dressing in a red leotard, hanging out at bars drinking Shirley Temples is not exciting.
- Lisa walked into the gym, dressed in a leotard and sweats, her hair in a messy ponytail.
- Her face and neck are moist with sweat, and she has pulled a pink practice tutu over her leotard and tights.
- She wore a royal-blue leotard and long, navy-blue high-heeled boots.
- Everyone else was wearing a leotard or something like that.
- So he wears a leotard and flies around in a red cape.
- There she was, barely recognizable, a diva dressed in a leotard, her hair drawn into a knot.
- She had her hair up and was dressed in a black leotard with pink tights.
- She motioned for two women, one with frosted hair and the other wearing a leotard that had a lightning bolt sewn across the front, to come over.
- A teenager in a leotard dances a tribute to Michael Jackson's ‘Thriller.’
- My costume, a red leotard with a flowing black see-through skirt, was destroyed.
- She hung up her leotard in 1998 and started class at the University of Maryland, but soon realized that gymnastics was not quite out of her system.
- Smith gave Mandy not only a new leotard, but tights and ballet shoes too.
- She was wearing a pink leotard and this frilly pink tutu.
- It looked like a leotard with little dangling fringes at the bottom and sequins everywhere.
- She became a household name through her TV show, Relaxing with Roma where she famously sported a leopard-print leotard which became her trademark.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.