In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And tomorrow the sky will be pink and filled with flying leprechauns and fairies.
- If people want to believe in tooth fairies, or leprechauns, or hobgoblins, or taniwha, or whatever, it is their right to do that.
- Do you believe in goblins, elves and leprechauns?
- To her way of thinking, leprechauns are a part of the soul of Ireland, not to be found in any other country.
- The book is based on the story of a crafty 12-year-old Irish boy who is immersed in a world of fairies, leprechauns and gnomes.
- I could fall face first into a herd of leprechauns and not notice.
- Menehunes are small people, rather like Irish leprechauns.
- Lucy was a leprechaun, born to laugh and dance, play pranks and sing.
- In fact, all I knew about Celtic folklore consisted of one silly story about a leprechaun.
- We saw a pixie and a leprechaun eating together.
- You are likely to see queens, princesses, leprechauns, angels, devils and a mixture of all sorts.
- Is it a path made by the goddess Iris between Earth and Heaven, or a leprechaun's secret hiding place for his pot of gold?
- They are taught that fairies and leprechauns don't exist.
- The laminak were female sprites, similar to leprechauns, who could wield either a helpful or harmful influence.
- She has inherited the leprechauns ' memories.
- There have always been myths about small people - Ireland has its leprechauns and Australia has the Yowies.
- He loves the whole idea of leprechauns and the magic and myths of Ireland.
- It means otherworldly stuff, like leprechauns and so on.
- The small nocturnal visitors of the middle Ages were known as fairies, leprechauns, elves, or gnomes - the little people.
- If it involves leprechauns or mole people, we don't want to hear it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.