In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escape masculineescapatoria feminine
- The only let-out seems to be that emergency treatment cannot be refused.
- There is also the fact that these matters fall largely within the jurisdiction of the states which could add complications or at least provide a handy let-out.
- It might, perhaps, have been useful to say rather more about the importance of giving software purchasers a let-out should they decide not to accept the terms of the licence.
- There are no ‘let-outs’ here, no ‘emergency rations’ or vitamin supplements off-camera.
- Now there is a let-out for this argument in the case of the wormhole time machine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.