In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(suggestion/comment) lascivo(thought/look) lascivo(look/thought) lujurioso(song/joke) subido de tono(joke/song) verde informal(joke/song) colorado Mexico informal
- We do not endorse those who must resort to lewd suggestiveness in an attempt to create humor.
- When he drank too much he would become abusive, and could also be lewd and crude.
- He's probably getting a big kick out of manipulating you with his lewd suggestions.
- As Gilman points out, in a short story this would be the moment where she'd realize that the idol of her dreams was in fact a lewd creep.
- They endured lewd jokes, taunting and unwelcome physical contact.
- Apart from other harassment, sexual assault and passing lewd remarks reign supreme.
- They send their minions to incite and encourage lewd behaviour in attempts to take their cash.
- Do your sexual encounters place you in danger of arrest for lewd conduct or public indecency?
- It is now renowned for its booze cruises, clubs and lewd behaviour.
- Once the lewd photographs had been sent they were circulated among students and came to the attention of parents and fellow teachers.
- All lewd and indecent shows should be stopped and places that harbor prostitution should be closed down.
- Any local band can apply to play a set on stage, but organisers are warning acts that obscene lyrics and lewd behaviour are out of the question.
- Twelve viewers complained that one of the performances included lewd and offensive gestures.
- Some of the narrative is overtly sexual, with a flash of lewd for good measure.
- Each count involving lewd or lascivious acts carries potential prison time of three, six or eight years.
- His dialogues border on the vulgar and the lewd and thanks to his ilk, we know why people look down upon the rustic.
- She's accused of having lewd and lascivious conduct with one of her students.
- The Management would like to apologize for the lewd and unsophisticated content of this post.
- If parents are not there to discipline their youngsters, then who are next in line to discourage lewd behaviour?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.