In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mentiroso masculinementirosa feminineembustero masculineembustera feminine
- They may be impulsive, manipulative, reckless, quarrelsome, and consistent liars.
- If natural born leaders are also natural born liars, can we really hold it against them when they do what comes naturally?
- If writers use them to disguise their fabrications, I call them liars.
- Of course, being an unrepentant liar and perjurer is better than being a socialist.
- They should not be abandoned to the tender mercies of manipulative liars and gold-diggers.
- People who say that are liars and should be ostracised from the group.
- What I mean is that some liars will spend a lot of time convincing themselves and others that they are not really lying at all.
- The point of the book is not that all marketers are all liars, but that they're storytellers.
- We are so inured to the laxness and corruptness, that we defend the bullies and liars.
- I entirely agree that a lot of spirits are liars and manipulators.
- Known hypocrites and liars may, of course, tell the truth about a particular incident.
- He was not sure he should place his trust in the words of someone who was a notorious liar and thief.
- When even your own party thinks that you are a liar, you know you are in trouble.
- To those who call politicians liars and the like, please be optimistic!
- At worst, such politicians are liars, with the blood of innocents on their hands.
- Some fakers are compulsive liars who convince themselves of the truth of their own stories.
- Tests have shown that a sensitive thermal imaging technique which spots heat coming off the face can detect liars.
- The liars, the traitors, the thugs, and the outlaws cannot be handed the destiny of a nation like India.
- That's a mighty weak basis on which to call us frauds, liars, and smear merchants.
- In a world full of liars, cheaters and the deceitful, who has always given me honesty?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.