In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mentiroso masculinementirosa feminineembustero masculineembustera feminine
- The liars, the traitors, the thugs, and the outlaws cannot be handed the destiny of a nation like India.
- I entirely agree that a lot of spirits are liars and manipulators.
- To those who call politicians liars and the like, please be optimistic!
- When even your own party thinks that you are a liar, you know you are in trouble.
- They may be impulsive, manipulative, reckless, quarrelsome, and consistent liars.
- He was not sure he should place his trust in the words of someone who was a notorious liar and thief.
- Known hypocrites and liars may, of course, tell the truth about a particular incident.
- At worst, such politicians are liars, with the blood of innocents on their hands.
- Tests have shown that a sensitive thermal imaging technique which spots heat coming off the face can detect liars.
- Some fakers are compulsive liars who convince themselves of the truth of their own stories.
- In a world full of liars, cheaters and the deceitful, who has always given me honesty?
- If natural born leaders are also natural born liars, can we really hold it against them when they do what comes naturally?
- What I mean is that some liars will spend a lot of time convincing themselves and others that they are not really lying at all.
- People who say that are liars and should be ostracised from the group.
- Of course, being an unrepentant liar and perjurer is better than being a socialist.
- They should not be abandoned to the tender mercies of manipulative liars and gold-diggers.
- That's a mighty weak basis on which to call us frauds, liars, and smear merchants.
- If writers use them to disguise their fabrications, I call them liars.
- We are so inured to the laxness and corruptness, that we defend the bullies and liars.
- The point of the book is not that all marketers are all liars, but that they're storytellers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.