In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1libación feminine literary
- Conveniently, brother John Paul's favourite football team are sponsored by his favourite libation.
- ‘I call this libation the Lord Byron,’ he announces.
- I had poured myself a nice refill of the evening's libation.
- Anyone remotely familiar with Germany knows that beer, wine, and other libations, such as Most and Korn, play a significant role in its culture and society.
- Please allow us to suggest some crowd-pleasing libations based on your menu selections as well as budget and palate preferences.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.