- You must have known the ‘facts’ upon which you based your libellous story were false.
- Anonymous e-mailers shouldn't get away with false and libelous statements.
- Therefore, in considering the extent of constitutional protection for arguably libellous speech, we ordinarily are dealing with statements that are false.
- It was conceded by the defendant that the impugned language used in the letter was libellous.
- These damages are measured by how much the libelous statements lower the plaintiff's reputation.
- Posting of slanderous, libelous, abusive or defamatory material is totally prohibited.
- Repeating someone else's libellous statement is just as bad as making the statement directly.
- Something defamatory is libellous only if it's untrue.
- A libelous campaign pamphlet is harder to punish if it is anonymous.
- It must also be pointed out that there is a difference between the publishing of material that is found to be libelous and stories that may be false, but injure no individual's reputation.
- They use the example of stock message boards where people reveal all sorts of defaming and libelous content to try to move a stock.
- Who can get the other to tell the more libelous story?
- The defendants denied the article was libellous and said even if it was, they were covered by a number of defences.
- There have been a number of cases where the courts have refused to enforce copyright as the works in question were considered libellous, immoral, obscene, scandalous or irreligious.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings.
- The claimant cannot select apparently libellous statements if the passage taken as a whole is not defamatory.
- In the name of press freedom and nationalism we deliberately wrote seditious and criminally libellous articles against colonial governments.
- If a letter is potentially libelous, slanderous or appears to have been written with malice or harmful intent, it will be edited or rejected.
- When does a joke stop being funny and start being libellous?
- However, fabricating malicious falsehoods and then actively circulating them not only belies any profession of Christianity but is defamatory and libelous.
2(insulting)(accusation/charge) calumnioso(accusation/charge) injurioso