In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You must have known the ‘facts’ upon which you based your libellous story were false.
- Anonymous e-mailers shouldn't get away with false and libelous statements.
- Therefore, in considering the extent of constitutional protection for arguably libellous speech, we ordinarily are dealing with statements that are false.
- It was conceded by the defendant that the impugned language used in the letter was libellous.
- These damages are measured by how much the libelous statements lower the plaintiff's reputation.
- Posting of slanderous, libelous, abusive or defamatory material is totally prohibited.
- Repeating someone else's libellous statement is just as bad as making the statement directly.
- Something defamatory is libellous only if it's untrue.
- A libelous campaign pamphlet is harder to punish if it is anonymous.
- It must also be pointed out that there is a difference between the publishing of material that is found to be libelous and stories that may be false, but injure no individual's reputation.
- They use the example of stock message boards where people reveal all sorts of defaming and libelous content to try to move a stock.
- Who can get the other to tell the more libelous story?
- The defendants denied the article was libellous and said even if it was, they were covered by a number of defences.
- There have been a number of cases where the courts have refused to enforce copyright as the works in question were considered libellous, immoral, obscene, scandalous or irreligious.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings.
- The claimant cannot select apparently libellous statements if the passage taken as a whole is not defamatory.
- In the name of press freedom and nationalism we deliberately wrote seditious and criminally libellous articles against colonial governments.
- If a letter is potentially libelous, slanderous or appears to have been written with malice or harmful intent, it will be edited or rejected.
- When does a joke stop being funny and start being libellous?
- However, fabricating malicious falsehoods and then actively circulating them not only belies any profession of Christianity but is defamatory and libelous.
2(insulting)(accusation/charge) calumnioso(accusation/charge) injurioso
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.