In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1formal(of prisoner, nation)liberación feminine
- The liberation of Kabul led to a decision to re-open the UK diplomatic mission.
- After the liberation in 1944, many of the key figures in the regime were tried, and some were executed.
- The President is not "an ordinary civil servant like others"; he is the greatest contributor to the liberation of this country.
- She had earlier lived and worked in Poland following the liberation from communism.
- Jackson was greatly influenced by having visited Buchenwald shortly after its liberation.
- We heard the president of the United States say just a few minutes ago that the liberation of Iraq will make the world more peaceful.
- The protesters were torn about the "liberation" of the Iraqi people.
- The main goal of the committees was to prepare and organise an uprising, which would ultimately lead to the liberation of Bulgaria from Ottoman rule.
- They firmly oppose the national liberation of the oppressed Balkan peoples.
- They had been raised on edifying tales of Greek tyrannicides that always ended in the liberation of the city.
- These princes of Transylvania, as well as their successors in the following century, were all eager to prepare the liberation of Hungary from both Germans and Turks.
- He pressed on with preparations to take over the work of government when the liberation of France took place.
- The Red Army triumphed after 12 days of fighting in one of the pivotal battles in the allied liberation of the Balkans.
- The administration decided that the liberation of Iraq was a legitimate national-security objective.
- It marked the 24th anniversary of the liberation of South Vietnam.
- It is a prodigious warning to the privileged classes, rather than a means of liberation for the exploited classes.
- His presence was therefore an inspiration to his soldiers, and with his role in the liberation of Bulgaria from the Turks, he achieved great popularity both there and in Russia.
- And whats the future for the movement for Palestinian liberation?
- But she had no influence on Denise's photographic destiny, which took a decisive turn at the liberation of Paris.
2(emancipation)liberación femininewomen's/gay liberation — la liberación de la mujer/de los homosexuales
- before noun liberation movement — movimiento de liberación
- She says her parents, both of them teachers, taught her to use education as a tool of liberation.
- This will be a quick post as this is the first day of my week of liberation.
- We can actualize the highest level of liberation in this lifetime.
- It happened with the black and women's liberation movements.
- It makes you understand why she needed to overcome negative experiences through sexual liberation.
- We can and should read that record as a realistic check against the dreams of consequence-free sexual liberation that have seized the imaginations of so many of our fellow citizens.
- Morality, if we begin by describing it, is a root cause of the achievement of higher worlds, a ladder to attaining liberation, and an antidote for removing sorrows.
- The author's presentation of freedom of choice informed by critical thinking furnishes a sense of liberation.
- He presupposes that personal liberation, however delightful, is not good enough for the public weal.
- Its sense of liberation allows us to move, explore, think and act with greater acknowledgement of the power of our own self-will.
- Consumerism is not just a market force, it is also a force for individual liberation.
- Knowing that, we should include all living beings in our aspiration toward liberation, not just ourselves.
- She has not lost her passion for women's liberation; nor has she abandoned her analysis of patriarchy.
- Where has all this liberation got us?
- Jefferson had always stood for personal liberation, Adams for setting limits.
- And the advances made towards lesbian and gay liberation far surpassed anything that had been wrested by struggle under capitalism.
- It will only strengthen us in our struggle for liberation.
- By giving an example of liberation, folks like this Hollywood couple feel they are performing a service to humanity.
- Married herself to "a famous bore", Nancy led a miserable life until an affair with a Free French colonel beckoned her to Paris and sexual and artistic liberation.
- We have male allies, people who really do care about liberation for everyone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.