In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1libertador masculinelibertadora feminine
- Some of our formerly rescued and rehabilitated children are now the leaders and liberators in their own communities.
- Washington is the hero of the United States, the great liberator.
- Writing in 1888, historian Henry Howe said that when MacGahan returned to Bulgaria in 1877, he was everywhere hailed as a liberator and deliverer.
- What I found there did not correspond to what was being reported most crucially, that the liberators were widely perceived as occupiers.
- The abiding hero of Latin America is Simon Bolivar, the great liberator.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.