In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bibliotecario masculinebibliotecaria feminine
- Medical librarians concerned they could be out of a job as electronic publishing comes of age may be worrying needlessly.
- Many librarians reported a sense of being useful in a time of crisis, or of helping others in a time of very real need.
- The four volunteer coders comprised three family doctors at the University of Iowa and a medical librarian.
- Under the pitched roof, the librarians have their comfortable office.
- She described a library technician as occupying a place between a librarian and a clerk.
- Twenty five persons including a lecturer and a librarian were injured in the police action.
- I have a great love for books and a high regard for teachers and librarians.
- This month I look at books to help librarians in the technical aspects of their jobs.
- Yes, becoming a professional librarian was all part of my master plan for world domination.
- Muriel had first thought of being a librarian, then later attended art school before trying her hand at acting.
- Before he became a writer he studied at Uppsala University and worked as a librarian and journalist.
- Now that it has become a hallmark of the profession, librarians must stand fast.
- In the library that has no computers the librarian is a lot friendlier and knows me and my family well.
- They also deleted it from the online edition of the journal and asked librarians to physically remove the pages the article was printed on.
- Being a librarian, as the commission found, is not as simple as outsiders might think.
- With my keen observation skills, I have noticed that a lot of librarians and library workers like to knit.
- Professional librarians have told me that these venues are not in the right position.
- Young bookworms presented their favourite librarian with farewell cards and a song to mark her retirement.
- Clearly this is an impracticality not only for patrons, but for librarians as well.
- The finals were held at the Johannesburg Public Library, attended by teachers and librarians.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.