In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It also indicates the close association at times between licit medicines and illicit drugs and the common terrain of human physiology.
- Among persons that continued to sustain arrests in Manhattan, both licit and illicit substance use tended to persist throughout mid-life.
- This points to the need of an authority capable of making the distinctions necessitated by the various circumstances that affect the description of an action as licit or illicit.
- Observers wonder what is the difference between licit and illicit antiquities dealers, given how much of the material comes from sites.
- Thus few priests by the 1920s were commending ‘periodic continence’ to their most troubled penitents, although it was licit for them to do so.
- In any case, comparison with licit drugs such as tobacco and alcohol hardly provides a model for legalisation.
- Our paper has conceptualized both the location of drug dealing and licit business establishments as outcomes of collective efficacy.
- What it provides, however, is a set of criteria by which a potential military action might be judged morally licit or illicit.
- The actual trade routes are another interesting difference between licit and illicit trade.
- Divisions between illicit and licit discursive morality conditioned everyday discursive practices via offensive and exclusionary practices.
- The latter is much more plausible for drug sellers than for licit businesses because drug enterprises are essentially never driven out of business by negative accounting profits.
- The use of force to obtain justice is morally licit in itself.
- Printers themselves were expected to monitor the boundaries between licit and illicit content in their works.
- The legislation introduces a number of provisions aimed to ensure that medicines are used safely and for licit purposes.
- Adherents generally do not distinguish between licit and illicit substances, but view all drugs as having potential for doing good or ill.
- The Board noted with concern the continuing global disparities in the actual availability and the unjustifiable discrepancies in the consumption of important licit narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances in different regions.
- Without interdiction and eradication as disincentives, growers are unlikely to abandon more lucrative and easily cultivated coca crops in favor of less profitable and harder to grow licit crops or to pursue legal employment.
- Moreover, one can raise no objection when a churchman expresses his concern regarding the material well-being of families and suggests that morally licit methods of improving it should be pursued.
- In this, while the drug of choice differed, their patterns of consumption were not markedly different from commonly found ‘normal’ patterns of consumption of licit drugs such as alcohol.
- In 1924 a United States law banning licit diamorphine was passed, but this was often ignored by local authorities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.