1British(pool)piscina femininepileta feminine River Platefeminine alberca Mexico
- Whitby has been waiting more than 30 years for a sports hall to supplement its ailing lido, which is currently costing Council Tax-payers £200,000 a year just to keep open.
- We also liked the photo of what looked like a submerged lido on the beach at Broadstairs (although we would have liked the photo to be a bit bigger).
- She said: ‘Our lido is one of relatively few in the country which hasn't been demolished or altered and it should be protected.’
- The lido forms a pivotal part of the Time and Tide Project to breathe new life into the town's promenade and, under proposals that went out to public consultation, could be demolished to make way for a toilet and caf complex.
- I'm developing a web site on old lidos and pools that have now gone.
- Even when the lido opens, the cafe often stays shut or displays a sign ‘No food today due to staff shortages’, meaning a long trudge back into town just to buy a sandwich!
- In the summer time, the lido area's outdoor swimming pool is a popular gathering spot.
- In 2002, there was a spate of vandalism, including one incident in which damage put at £1, 000 was caused to the open-air lido.
- A working party of council officers and users, including the Charlton Lido Swimming Club, will look at ways to reopen the lido in time for next summer if possible.
- Like the Scarborough lido, the Jubilee Pool is an open-air pool filled with unheated sea water and also forms part of the coastal defences.
- The women remember sunny days at lidos where ‘hundreds of young Viennese would swim and mingle’, and the fun they had at the summer training camp in the southern resort of Pörtschach on Lake Wörthersee.
- In Victorian times its pavilions, lidos and deck chairs bustled with activity.
- Guests are entitled to use its facilities free of charge and we spent a pleasant day at the private lido which has a restaurant, changing rooms and umbrellas with sun beds.
- The London Pools Campaign, which was set up to highlight the closure of swimming pools across the capital, also pushed for the lido to be re-opened.
- I am surprised at his attacks on Greenwich Council regarding the Charlton and Greenwich lidos.
- There is talk of really striking out and walking down to Taurito Centro (the bottom of the hill) to check out the beach and the lido, but I'm not sure how much will come of it.
- Of course, lidos weren't your average swimming pool.
- Despite the sun, most opted for the warm waters of the indoor pool at 30C, with only about a quarter of visitors braving the chillier lido, at only 17C.
- When I visited the Charlton Lido recently, I spoke to some young lads aged 12 to 13, who had spent most of the summer at the lido and thought it was great.
- The lido, on Denton Road, includes diving and paddling areas, a café and large grassed areas for sunbathing.
2British(water-sports complex)centro de deportes acuáticos masculine
3(beach resort)centro turístico costero masculinebalneario masculine South America