1(right)derecho de retención masculineto put a lien on sth — embargar algo
- The lien may be claimed and maintained so long as the article remains in the possession of the lien claimant.
- The solicitors have claimed a lien on their file until their fees, which are substantial, are paid.
- The plaintiff was legally entitled to register a lien for the proper amount.
- It applies to all liens, including equitable liens where there may be proprietary interests.
- Mrs. D. will transfer her interest in the matrimonial home to Mr. D. provided that she can lift the Legal Aid liens on the property to a payment agreement form.