In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(warmth) vivificador literary(rains) que da vida
- The pure, life-giving water was dying, crushed under the weight of more and more rubble falling in, inflicting endless wounds.
- Its orbit and atmosphere were that of Earth but most importantly it was abundant with the life-giving source of water.
- This is where it would come in handy if life were like a video game and I could just power-up or find some bottles of life-giving potion under a tree.
- A momentary romance, that quick magic, the wisp of a mystery, the deluge of life-giving water - this is the stuff of the monsoon.
- Wine and life-giving waters were on equal footing in Egyptian culture, and they also shared a duality in both myth and in fact.
- He knows that I thirst for adventure more than the life-giving water.
- How can such preaching be as tangible as the taste of bread in our mouths, as life-giving as water on our foreheads?
- His eye was in harmony with his hand when he wrote, restoring to objects the life-giving essences of their time, place, and maker.
- On the contrary: genuine friendships cannot be based on a lie; they can thrive only on the life-giving soil of openness to one another.
- While there is no alternative to life-giving water, there are many alternatives to hydroelectricity.
- And we are especially forgetful when it comes to whether and how we as a society might repay that vital and life-giving assistance.
- They see water as life-giving and as the source of all beginnings, irrespective of differences.
- Traditionally, the ‘feminine’ has been the nurturer, fertile and life-giving.
- It doesn't seem to be alcohol that is the important factor, but the life-giving nutrients buried within the grapes that make wine.
- An ‘impact winter’ would follow in which the Sun's life-giving light would be blotted out for years by the debris thrown up by the explosion.
- All are programmed to make fairly random movements to start with, in response to the obstacles, rival robots and pools of life-giving light they detect.
- Such frameworks provide for water allocations of these life-giving and scarce resources through peaceful means.
- Surely, by working together, we can harness its life-giving potential.
- Their arms stretch out and welcome the life-giving rain.
- Saying that water is best among all food articles, he adds that pure water is life-giving and always helpful to human body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.