In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ser vivo masculinecriatura feminine(in science fiction) ser masculine
- The scientists say it is the first time that such a complex life form has been found living in an underwater volcano.
- He will have noble, humane reasons for everything he does, and will want to invent a cure for cancer and communicate with a new life form in another galaxy.
- I was basically an extraterrestrial life form on this planet.
- They are also more and more likely to pass laws that make a commodity of a natural life form.
- The human race comes close to extinction when a huge meteor crashes in the Arizona desert with a life form unlike anything we've ever seen!
- What about the belief that a finite entity, a life form of some form or other, now quite possibly dead, created our universe?
- The next mystery blob really could turn out to be a new life form.
- The thing was in his way, and it was definitely a life form.
- Robotics poses a different threat - the creation of a new life form that may escape our control.
- If he succeeds, the scientist will become the first to successfully create a new life form in a test tube.
- Through the glassy outer layer a primitive life form can be seen.
- It truly is like being in the presence of a benign life form, maybe a similar vibe to standing next to a five hundred year-old tree in a quiet, deserted wood.
- Some life form of high intelligence has to be behind those lovely chocolate-covered bars that come from there.
- Furthermore, no one should be permitted to claim a life form as intellectual property.
- Movement, sentience, and self-conscious thought are the basic capabilities of the human life form.
- An alien life form has arrived to earth and is jumping from body to body, killing everything in its path and stealing anything it cares to.
- It had detected a powerful life form somewhere on the spire.
- It's a well-constructed sculpture depicting the birth of a life form and a welcome respite from this dark exhibition.
- Think about the implications of biotechs being able to own a life form itself: it's not just about our food supply.
- Yet they were the dominant life form here on earth for a good 300 million years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.