In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vida femininehe began to tell me his life history — empezó a contarme (la historia de) su vida
- Also, the distribution and extent of plant species and genetic variation are related to factors such as taxonomic status, life history and biogeographic history.
- The first concerns the life history and general biology of noncommercial Arctic marine species.
- The life history, breeding biology and field methods are described elsewhere for white-tailed ptarmigan and willow ptarmigan.
- The results of our study provide insight into the importance of post-emergence offspring mortality in the life history of a long-lived organism.
- Rhizopus nigricans, or black bread mold, also has a haploid life history.
- Second, we use information on male plumage changes to identify when in the life history of satin bowerbirds parasite reductions occur.
- It can be argued that the single-cell stage is the most vulnerable period in any multicellular organism's life history.
- Similarly, the time to adulthood or to reproductive maturity is a key fitness component of an organism's life history.
- At the other end of the life history, the heritability of old-age metabolic rate is high.
- Most clonal organisms exhibit aclonal reproduction at some point in their overall life history.
- This change in the pattern of elasticities represents an alteration in the selection pressures on the life history.
- Flowering phenology is one of the most important characteristics in the life history of plants because it strongly determines fitness through sexual reproduction.
- This lack of conspicuous differentiation of juveniles buffers them from any potential ontogenetic conflict arising from sexual adult phases of the life history.
- Such an analysis may help to identify the most important factors in the life history of the study organism, and also to set up more effective management plans for endangered species.
- Some of the different forms may represent different stages in the life history of the organisms.
- Host finding is an essential part of the life history of social parasites.
- The change from vegetative to reproductive development is a key event in the life history of plants.
- The red ‘algae’ lack flagella at all stages in their life history, and cells may be multinucleate.
- This process will lead to the evolution of a life history in which fertility and survival chances decrease with increasing age.
- Here, we consider how a parasitic life history has influenced the evolution of cuckoo egg size.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.