In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1chaleco salvavidas masculine
- When I came to I was back in the boat, shivering in my wet life jacket and coughing up water, a lump forming on my pounding head.
- A life jacket on your pet or not, we recommend that you think ahead about the animal's safety, not to mention your own, when a pet is aboard your boat or on the dock.
- But what happens when you combine an inflatable life jacket with a comfy lightweight vest and an all-season jacket?
- If he was 12 years old, and we were boating today in Illinois, he would be required to wear a life jacket while idling through a harbor.
- The dog has a kennel in the officers' accommodation and a life jacket for trips in the sea boat.
- This season I intend to wear my life jacket more often.
- Whether or not technology can devise a life jacket that will be so comfortable or so stylish that one won't take it off even at home, I can't hazard a guess.
- A belt pack can be a perfect transition into safer boating, especially for the boater who simply isn't in the habit of wearing a life jacket.
- For example, if planners wish to find out how many powerboat operators in Oregon have taken a boating class or how many kayakers in Ohio wear a life jacket, it's in there.
- The only thing keeping him afloat was his life jacket.
- So, admitting that paralysis would occur, it's still okay if you're wearing a life jacket because you would float face up?
- Two crew members went overboard into the 58-degree water and only one had on an inflatable life jacket.
- While a belt pack is not going to be the only life jacket on our boat or in our closet, we feel strongly that it fills an important niche for boaters.
- A pet life jacket will help your dog stay above water until rescued.
- In 35% of the time, the person overboard was not wearing a life jacket.
- ‘Here you go,’ he said and handed me over a neoprene suit, a pair of boots, a helmet, a life jacket and a nylon jacket.
- In your article in the May issue, you have an anecdote about a three-year-old boy who was saved because he was wearing a life jacket.
- Only one of the boys was found wearing a life jacket.
- If your dog ever took a long walk off a short dock, chances are you've thought about the advantage of having your pooch in a life jacket.
- When the ship began to sink, the franchisor left its charge afloat in turbulent waters, without a life jacket.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.