In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine vidafeminine duraciónfeminine vida útil
- A global Flood would obviously be accompanied by massive environmental effects - so a universal change in human lifespans at around the same time would naturally appear to be related.
- He knew just how short his lifespan would be if he disobeyed a direct order from the human.
- It had roughly the same lifespan: and, like human beings, its sexual fertility declined sharply with age.
- Thus leaves with lower rates of photosynthesis should have a longer lifespan to pay back the construction cost.
- I suggested that extending human lifespans might lead to extended creativity.
- Those animals have generally very short lifespans and multiple health problems - they're frequently sick, frostbitten and emaciated.
- Grandmothers had to be around long enough for the daughters to grow up and give birth, and longer lifespans would have required delayed maturity and ultimately larger body and brain size - all crucial developments toward modern man.
- As humans lengthened lifespans with better nutrition and hunting skills, childhood also lengthened.
- But the web will ensure that bad products have shorter lifespans.
- Reified levels of generational cohorts are now living side by side, as new generations are being birthed while multiple older generations still remain, in testimony to ever lengthening lifespans.
- With average lifespans lengthening, more plan beneficiaries are retiring than dying.
- They are slow-breeding and long-lived animals, achieving lifespans of 70 years or so.
- As lifespans continuing to lengthen - and the definition of family takes on expanded meaning - we are likely to see households of up to four generations.
- We are constantly bombarded with more information than we can possibly process in a human lifespan.
- We wouldn't actually want him to - such work is too dangerous for children in a rich society, and our bodies aren't really up to the strain of physical labor for our new, improved lifespans.
- Does the size of the influence of the genes change across the human lifespan?
- In almost every country, men's lifespans lag behind women's.
- As of today, I have been a resident of this crowbar motel for almost 2 cockroach lifespans.
- One obstacle to generating tissue is the limited lifespan of adult human cells.
- The trees overshot their expected height and girth, and have now begun to outlive their lifespan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.