In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ligamento masculinea torn ligament — una rotura de ligamentos
- He has had one surgery, to repair a torn ankle ligament during his first pro year.
- Injury to the medial collateral ligament is fairly common and is usually the result of acute trauma.
- Then, if necessary, the lateral ankle ligaments were repaired.
- There were whispers that he had torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
- At the inguinal ligament, the external iliac artery becomes the common femoral artery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.