In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The second stage involves placing a deeper and more precise ligature at the base of the lesion.
- The ligature equivalent to two semibreves persisted for some time and is still found in the early 18th century in the works of J. J. Fux.
- The ovary was grasped with a hemostat, a ligature was placed around the oviduct and blood vessels, and the ovary was removed.
- Suture ligatures and electrocoagulation are the two most common techniques for hemostasis.
- The ligatures on his splenic artery and vein had slipped.
- The alternative of tying the damaged vessel with a ligature had been employed by various surgeons dating back to Celsus, a Roman medical author in the first century ad.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.