In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bombilla femininefoco masculine Mexico Ecuador Perubombillo masculine Venezuela Colombiabombita feminine River Platelamparita feminine River Plateampolleta feminine Chilebujía feminine Central America
- Incandescent and halogen light bulbs can fade colors if they are very close to the light source.
- They have many compact fluorescent light bulbs in their home, but she's not completely sold.
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs work best if they are left on for over 15 minutes each time they are turned on.
- The platinum bulb worked, but platinum was far too expensive to use in commercial light bulbs.
- The inefficient standard light bulb could be phased out within three years to save up to 800,000 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Highly efficient fluorescent light bulbs are widely touted as environmentally friendly, but they have created a recycling headache for the Environmental Protection Agency and local governments.
- He has to research the history of the light bulb, the layout of the building, the different kinds of bulbs, etc.
- It is also probably fair to say that Edison did produce the first commercially viable light bulb.
- So to replace a traditional 60-watt bulb, look for a compact fluorescent light bulb that is about 15 watts.
- The initial cost of replacing incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient fluorescent bulbs will be offset by longer-term savings, Prime Minister John Howard said today.
- The problem with incandescent light bulbs is that the heat wastes a lot of electricity.
- Familiarize yourself with the components of a modern light bulb using the diagram below.
- Adjust the voltage to the light bulb using the slider and observe the electric current through the bulb as plotted on the graph at right.
- The British Courts stood by their patent award for the light bulb to Swan, and Edison lost the suit.
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs are available at your local lighting store, many hardware and home supply stores.
- Assembly Bill 1109 would require the state to set an energy-efficiency standard for light bulbs that Edison's nearly 130-year-old invention can't currently meet - but might in the future.
- Although this is optional, I highly recommend it because this helps make the light bulb less fragile.
- From spotlights to flickering flame tips, we offer incandescent light bulbs for just about every application, including wall sconces, table lamps, chandeliers, and track lighting.
- A U.S. Senate committee is working on a proposal that would phase out the light bulb in 10 years.
- They provide the characteristic warm glow of incandescent light bulbs, making them suitable for any application in the house.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.