In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lápiz óptico masculinelápiz fotosensible masculine
- Various other light pens have been developed which include a lens for focusing the axially received light.
- You may have to adjust the brightness of your monitor to get your light pen to work properly.
- The radiated light is directed so as to be projected from a tip of the light pen as required.
- Digital tablets combine the tactile sensation of light pens with the ease of use of a mouse.
- The light pens are compatible with any DOS or Windows application and IBM computers in general.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.