In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de ideas afinesa group of like-minded people — un grupo de personas de ideas afines
- I miss working with like-minded people — echo de menos (el) trabajar con gente de mi mismo parecer
- Having spoken to people about it the general consensus is that it is a good way to meet other like-minded people.
- Do Australians surround themselves with like-minded people and what unites and divides them?
- Blogging is the medium that lets us communicate with like-minded people.
- The company of other like-minded people adds to their enjoyment and enhances the feeling of well being.
- It also gives the players the chance to meet other like-minded young people and aims to get them formal football qualifications.
- David is quick to add that he is just one in a team of dedicated, like-minded people from his village who support Housing for Humanity.
- In many ways, blogging had become a way of leading a kind of surrogate social life with like-minded people.
- For the party faithful they are the opportunity to meet like-minded people.
- Their interests are used to help define themselves and engage in social scenes with like-minded people.
- We offer you the chance to meet like-minded people and get a national qualification, in exchange for your commitment.
- It was so nice to be amongst like-minded people in a positive atmosphere for the week.
- Groups of like-minded people gathering to drink beer and debate the great issues of the day are nothing new.
- The fair also provides an opportunity to meet like-minded people and find out more about their organisations.
- Chatrooms are effectively meeting places that both children and adults use to meet like-minded people.
- The meetings encourage like-minded people to gather for a creative and stimulating exchange of ideas.
- A few like-minded people felt that it was one of town's true traditions and that it should be continued.
- People tend to talk mostly to like-minded people who communicate in the same way.
- Nice to see some like-minded musicians getting together to bring some great music to a wider audience.
- He loved to chat about agriculture matters and enjoyed the company of like-minded people.
- Please leave your comments on the forum and view the opinions of like-minded and disgusted people across this land.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.