In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1frijol masculineporoto blanco masculine Southern Conejudía blanca feminine Spain
- Boiled fresh, they make a good vegetable, like lima beans in flavour.
- The taste of fresh favas stewed or simmered is somewhere between that of peas and lima beans.
- Finish seeding bush snap beans, lima beans, sweet corn, winter and summer squash by early May to avoid heat damage.
- I have suggested flageolet or lima beans here as they survive the canning process rather better than some.
- Our culinary forebears hired starchy German ladies to feed their children, and tended to regard a pot of boiled lima beans as a gourmet event.
- It's those comments or drop in's that throw you off course and make you push away your third plate of lima beans.
- She had tiny hands and fingers good for reaching into tight places to pick lima beans.
- According to the hypothesis, predators that have been reared on lima bean and have left the prey patch during a short time respond to a general ‘image’ of the odor.
- I'll never force you to eat lima beans, Leta, not like Grandma.
- Noontime dinners and evening suppers often include beef or chicken dishes, and vegetables in season from the family garden, such as peas, corn, green beans, lima beans, and carrots.
- Taken orally or as an injection, laetrile is a purified form of amygdalin, a chemical found in lima beans, raw nuts and the pits of many fruits.
- That aside, Sarah was quite happy eating nuked veggies except for lima beans which she would leave in a neat little pile or a neat little line on her high chair tray.
- I'm not a fan of lima beans, but these had a subtle goodness instead of the overpowering flavor of usual lima beans, and no crumbly texture.
- Cut back and focus on getting more of your protein from vegetables like chickpeas and lima beans.
- So yeah, lima beans may be the bane of youths world wide.
- Then add cauliflower, lima beans, zucchini and yellow squash.
- The bar handed out lima beans (poor man's shrimp) and sardines to complement our beer.
- It wouldn't be so bad if saturated and trans fats were found only in beets, lima beans, sheep's milk and haggis.
- Soon we'll have baby carrots and lima beans to eat with our basil, rosemary, cilantro and parsley.
- His hair was pointing in ten different directions, and he had a lima bean stuck to his bulgy cheek.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.