In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(number/space) limitado(space/number) restringido(experience/knowledge/scope) limitadohe understands only to a limited extent/degree — lo entiende solo hasta cierto punto/en cierta medida
- my time is limited, so I'll be brief — no dispongo de mucho tiempo, así que seré breve
- he's a bit limited as an actor — como actor es algo limitado
- this law is very limited in its application — esta ley tiene una aplicación muy limitada
- However, this suggests that the finite population effect is limited to small population sizes.
- But that can only be for a limited amount of time, and that also goes on these issues for immunity certainly.
- While arena polo follows the same basic principles of the outdoor game, it requires a different strategy due to the limited amount of space.
- Hodson chose to analyse just books, rather than articles, because of the limited amount of information that can usually be included in the latter.
- The fund invests in companies that are expanding or restructuring and to a limited extent in start-up companies.
- These hotels are good for driving trips where you only plan to spend a limited amount of time and then hit the road again.
- No doubt he is right, although perhaps its value to the plaintiff is slightly more limited than Mr Short appeared to acknowledge.
- Due to the limited amount of bread available, the bakery refuses to sell more than 20 loaves of bread to each customer.
- Due to the limited amount of space available, a selection process will decide who will be allowed exhibit at the Chamber stand.
- There is a limited amount of special effects as this is mostly a conversation/music driven film.
- Because the movement of floaters is not restricted, local population size is effectively not limited.
- The downside of this small size was the limited amount of tape inside the cartridge.
- There will be a limited amount of mechanisation - currently everything is done by hand, including sticking on labels.
- Using a limited amount of space, an artist creates a visual to convey the music inside, which not only has to sell the album but the image of the band as well.
- The lack of close places to visit, the limited distractions and the short journeys around town pay time back into the family account.
- With the limited amount of possession Ireland gained during the first hour they found it virtually impossible to break the gain line.
- A handful of drug companies have offered to donate some drugs for a fixed period or to discount to a limited extent.
- It said that the changes in the prefixes of the mobile operators were necessary to increase the limited amount of phone numbers.
- Typically, such employees would be restricted for a limited period from soliciting the business of established clients of the company.
- Rents remained high in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore where there was a limited amount of retail space available, it said.
- Aside from the Heineken Cup, European Rugby Cup Limited also runs the European Challenge Cup and the Parker Pen Shield.
- The tender for Portarlington Playground has been awarded to Street Play Leisure Limited from Wexford.
- The title to the Property will remain in the name of Sealark Pty Limited.
- This particular brand is made by Thomas Symington & Co Limited, of Sisson Road, Gloucester in the south of England.
- The wine gala dinner on the 28th will be co-sponsored by Ambrose Wines Limited.
- Notice has been given of the Annual General Meeting of Connacht Gold Co-operative Society Limited.
- I understand that Shaun works for Leat Limited.
- Metro is part of Metcash Trading Limited and Friendly Grocer is the franchise arm of the group.
- On 31 July 1995 Kings changed its name to Haward Agriculture Limited.
- Hall and Partners Contracts Management Limited was designated as the Employer's Agent.
- She is the Group Editorial Development Manager for News Limited.
- J Barrie Limited prior to October 1998 only had a very small turnover.
- Now Mr Falloon is a former Chief Executive of Kerry Packer's Publishing and Broadcasting Limited.
- The Corporation of the Village of Bobcaygeon, Jack Phelps, Springbank Homes Limited, Dewhurst Bros.
- Kalcrest Limited, currently based at the Fieldhead Business Centre, plans to move to Eldon Place in September.
- Cash to pay for the Commercial Road project has come from private developers Berkeley Breamore Limited.
- Justice McHugh said this in News Limited and one of the recent cases.
- Castrol Limited have come forward to sponsor this cricket extravaganza.
- Allen Build Limited and find I am in this instance bound by the decision therein.
- Charlotte worked for Domnus Ventilation Limited in Saffron Walden.
3Business(liability) limitadolimited (liability) company — sociedad de responsabilidad limitada
- public limited company — sociedad anónima
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.