In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Staten was later to find out that within the limits of daily withdrawals it offered the possibility of near limitless funds.
- It is through the human body that one can explore one's limitless spiritual possibilities.
- To begin with, the objective of liberal democracy is not limitless freedom.
- He said the system could analyse an almost limitless amount of information.
- For those who like to have all the details planned out in advance, log on for limitless bargains.
- There's a whole world out there, waiting for you to explore, and the possibilities are almost limitless.
- Trends in the workforce and in the media create a sense of limitless romantic possibility.
- The family seem to have limitless energy for campaigning, and are prepared to use shock tactics to get their message across.
- Recently, however, his almost limitless powers have come under attack.
- This large contribution is in itself a testimony to the limitless generosity of our people.
- The possibilities were limitless with theatre, but it required hard work, discipline.
- Friends whose caring and helpfulness seem limitless now that I'm suffering from cancer.
- Even his apparently limitless supply of inner motivation must hit a boredom threshold at some point in the distant future.
- Because the resources are not limitless, it is crucial to explore sources of additional funding.
- There was a time when the future seemed to be full of limitless possibilities.
- If you must seclude yourself, we beg you to spend the time alone honing your eye for the universe's limitless possibilities.
- The possibilities this enthusiasm engenders are next to limitless.
- These new freedoms are entrancing, these limitless possibilities seem so innocent.
- However, criss-crossed as it is by mountain ranges, Afghanistan provides limitless hideouts.
- The benefits to humanity from greater knowledge about the evolution and biology of plant life are almost limitless.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.