In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Mildred has maintained her great love for music and song down the years and is a well known teacher of set dancing and line dancing throughout the district.
- Maypole dancing and line dancing were also on offer to the children.
- Creek Valley Western line dancing group is planning to put on a display.
- Katrina, who has loved dancing since she was five, says she has learnt Irish, ballet and modern dancing but has discovered a real passion for line dancing.
- What makes Love's approach to group exercise so appealing - especially to men, I'd wager - is her aversion to anything remotely resembling bad line dancing.
- Hart drives her where she needs to go - to work in the morning, shopping during the week, line dancing on Friday, church on Sunday.
- Activities included line dancing, a food corner, a quiz about the pupils and a raffle, with teachers getting into the spirit of things by dressing as cowboys and Indians.
- Now, I'll admit, line dancing is not to everyone's taste, but the regular club scene was getting very stale for me.
- Choose from tango, tea dancing, line dancing or bhangra to take part in this challenge.
- The women's club is back in action on Thursday nights with line dancing, aerobics classes and first aid course which will begin shortly.
- He fills the rest of his time - between luxurious, semi-retired holidays - with line dancing, kayaking and handyman work - for mum, and for other people.
- People shy away from us in clubs, scared we may revert to line dancing or rowing or some other sad form of choreography.
- Groups such as karate, Weight Watchers, line dancing, toddler group, ballroom dancing and tea dancing use the hall every week.
- Set dancing and line dancing classes will be up and running in a few weeks.
- Competitive line dancing is just like jazz or disco dancing and it's great when you have a really interesting piece to perform.
- A keen dancer Birdie regularly attended any event where there was ballroom dancing, Irish dancing or, in more recent years, line dancing.
- We went line dancing one night, that was a laugh.
- The entire cast joined in a lavish, choreographed opening number and the grand finale, with the chorus line dancing as back-up for the featured acts.
- They can expect to see music from local bands as well as Irish dancing, line dancing and step dancing as part of the celebrations.
- Dartford and Gravesend Adult Education is holding yoga, line dancing, tai chi and belly dancing sessions at its centres in Dartford and Gravesham.
tipo de baile folclórico en el que los participantes se colocan uno al lado del otro formando líneas para seguir una determinada coreografía
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.