In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In only one case, that of the grant of the estate of John Brewes to Thomas Brewes on account of the idiocy of the former, can blood lineage have said to have played a significant part in determining the fate of a grant.
- A funeral shroud depicting a network of ancestor figures would join the dead with their family lineage, amongst whom they would continue to oversee and often intervene in the affairs of the living.
- there are too few of direct lineage to replace them.
- ‘The problem is you end up having an army and police connected by lineage, blood and appearance,’ the document says.
- He can also claim lineage to Thyagaraja's direct disciples through various ancestors.
- It is no big secret that Liam and Noel Gallagher's lineage is 100% Irish with both of their parents hailing from the Emerald Isle.
- We really have no idea where our ancestors first walked on land because, as soon as that lineage became successful, its members are found all over the world.
- I've seen the family lineage and it actually makes them distance cousins.
- There's huge pride in the dog's lineage, its pedigree - as if breeders were talking about their own family trees, as if they're descended from aristocracy.
- Jesus is a Hebrew descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, a man of royal lineage descended from the renowned King David.
- Many members of this order were of ancient lineage - their family history could be traced back hundreds of years.
- The loyalty that this relationship entails, and to which husband and wife were obliged, is of greater importance than blood ties and patriarchal lineage.
- Amongst the mantras uttered were ones which beseeched Lord Indra to bless us with sons and grandsons to carry forth my ancestors' lineage.
- Therefore at that time, women had the right of succession in the family lineage and they probably had the same rights in the inheritance of property also.
- Parental lineage has never been a discriminating factor for or against anyone.
- Dad felt that my aristocratic heritage and working-class lineage would make me an ideal political candidate.
- I was reading books that talked a lot about him, and my Dad's side of the family is of Danish lineage, so the name just worked at the time.
- Brian Feeney, a historian who has written the definitive book on Sinn Fein, believes Adams and his party has the best claim to direct lineage.
- These are lineage families, and lineage is a key element in Zen training.
- They are fiercely attached to Sadr's guidance and his family's lineage of revered clerics.
2Journalismnúmero de líneas masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.